A well-rounded associate with both litigation and transactional experience, Pat is based in Murphy Pearson’s Los Angeles office. His practice focuses on business litigation, construction defect, intellectual property, trademark and general insurance defense.
In addition to his litigation experience, Pat has helped small- and medium-sized companies with entity formation and trademark registrations. His business experience has ranged from drafting a private placement memorandum concerning a real property investment and development in downtown Los Angeles to helping clients with various operating, shareholder and lease agreements. He has also drafted and recorded real property interests across California, including mechanics liens, quitclaim deeds, and petitions to determine succession of real property.
While in law school, Pat served as a research assistant analyzing the Supreme Court’s evolving jurisprudence on the private right of action in antitrust litigation. His studies have focused on the intersection of business and the law, and he earned a Business Certificate with honors from the University of San Francisco School of Law, as well as a CALI Award for Excellence for the highest score in Bankruptcy and Secured Transactions.
When he is not practicing law, Pat loves to explore new places, and cultures. He also thoroughly enjoys trivia, board games, and watching/playing nearly all sports (basketball, baseball, football, volleyball, golf).
- Successfully defended large national restaurant chain in federal class action.
- Prepared and successfully argued multiple motions before the California Court of Appeal.
- Prepared and argued dispositive Anti-SLAPP motion on behalf of home owners association defendant for speedy and cost effective resolution.
- Represented property owners in a variety of different matters, including a multi-million dollar suit against former business partners/real estate developer.
- Represented a large clothing manufacturer and distributor in defense of trademark licensing and infringement claim, with favorable settlement reached in favor of the manufacturer.
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- 40’s Act Group, special interest group for mutual funds and hedge funds
- USF Center for Law and Ethics Fellow
- “Where Does the Buck Stop? A Navigation Guide for Products Liability Defendants,” ALM The Recorder, co-authored with Jeff Hsu, December 27, 2018
J.D., University of San Francisco, School of Law, cum laude
B.A., Political Economy, University of California, Berkeley