Dual-qualified as an American lawyer (California and New York) and English Solicitor (non-practicing), Bryan is a shareholder in Murphy Pearson’s San Francisco office.
Bryan represents businesses and individuals in all phases of litigation, focusing primarily on real estate, construction, and business litigation. He has handled a wide variety of litigation and controversy matters, at all stages, including pre-litigation counseling, mediation, arbitration, trial and appeal. He has represented numerous small and mid-size businesses, including developers, general contractors, architects and design professionals and individuals, in disputes involving matters of personal injury, construction, premises liability, employment and breach of contract.
Business and Transactional
In addition to litigation, Bryan counsels businesses, nonprofit organizations, and individuals in business and real estate transactions, including joint ventures, employment-related matters, leases, and various business contract negotiations.
Representation of Athletes
Bryan advises and assists professional athletes with risk management including litigation involving real estate, employment, and theft and misappropriation of funds by fiduciaries. He provides counseling on crisis-management and handling of civil and criminal allegations with the federal authorities, including the Department of Justice and Securities and Exchange Commission.
Construction Dispute Related
- Represented plaintiffs in successful settlement of a multi-million dollar breach of contract, construction defect, misappropriation of funds, and fraud litigation against former business partner in various real estate ventures in California and Hawaii.
- Represented general contractor in handling of pre-litigation, litigation, mediation and during trial regarding a contract dispute involving the high-end remodel of residential building in San Francisco, specifically related to breach of contract, prompt payment, and alleged delays as it relates.
- Represented subcontractor in the defense of construction-related claims involving various light commercial projects located in Santa Clara County. Actively litigated the matter involving several claims related to alleged water intrusion in preparation for trial.
- Represented landowner at trial in successful defense of alleged easement and adverse possession litigation involving residential real estate in San Mateo County.
Trademark and Trade Dress Litigation (including CFAA, Counterfeiting and Trade Secrets Claims)
- Represented plaintiffs (as local counsel) in complex multidistrict counterfeiting case involving widespread sales of counterfeit dietary supplements; assisted in obtaining judgment on the pleadings eliminating defendants’ affirmative defenses; assisted in obtaining order striking defendants’ affirmative defenses.
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- New York State Bar Association
- Law Society of England & Wales
- St. Thomas More Society of San Francisco
- British American Business Council of Northern California
- A Better Way, Inc., a Bay Area nonprofit organization specializing in foster care and family therapeutic services
- Board of Directors, member
- Bowdoin College Alumni Schools & Interviewing Committee
- “Quasi-Judicial Immunity: Promoting Impartiality Without Sacrificing Accountability,” The Daily Journal, August 11, 2010
- “The Doctrine of Quasi-Judicial Immunity – Extending Beyond the Bench,” Defense Research Institute, May 26, 2010
J.D., University of San Francisco School of Law
B.A., History; minor in Economics, Bowdoin College, cum laude