Having tried more than 40 cases to verdict, John’s practice emphasized professional liability, including legal, medical, insurance agents, architects and engineers, as well as product liability litigation. Over the course of his career, he has successfully litigated a broad spectrum of cases, ranging from class action and multi-district medical device suits to complex business and professional liability matters.
John recognizes the need for extensive preparation before setting foot in the courtroom. To that end, he makes certain his clients have the opportunity to evaluate and analyze a case and litigation goals before going to trial. He strives to provide the necessary information to ensure his cases proceed in a timely manner and concludes in a fashion that fulfill his clients’ needs.
Selected Client Representations
- Defense verdict for his clients in legal malpractice action. Case arose from a wrongful death action of a lawyer/pilot resulting from an airplane crash in Dunsmuir, California.
- After a California Supreme Court landmark decision, a defense verdict was obtained during retrial on the legal malpractice claim; recovery for clients included Court-ordered payment of $850,000 in attorney fees.
- Defense verdict for bicycle helmet manufacturer in a brain injury case brought in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of California.
- Appellate decision, following trial, in which $400,000 recovery was obtained for corporate director’s breach of fiduciary obligations.
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
- American Board of Trial Advocates, member
- Marin County Superior Court
- Discovery Facilitator
- Settlement Conference Panelist
- Marin County Bar Association
- Litigation Section, member
- Probate section, member
- City College of San Francisco
- Paralegal Studies Advisory Board, volunteer contributor
- San Francisco Superior Court Panel of Arbitrators, arbitrator
- Legal Services for Children, volunteer services
- California Lawyers for the Arts
- Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence, Board member
J.D., University of California Hastings College of the Law
B.A., Dartmouth College