A litigation associate in Murphy Pearson’s San Francisco office, Stephanie counsels individual and corporate clients in a variety of matters related to business law, professional liability, and insurance defense.
Prior to joining the firm, Stephanie worked as a contracted attorney on an investigative matter for the defense in a major class action data breach litigation. She has thoroughly reviewed and charted existing and newly introduced privacy and data breach protection laws of all 50 U.S. states and 3 territories.
As s a pro bono clinic co-coordinator and volunteer counselor, Stephanie has interviewed and advised clients on possible barriers to immigration, including criminal history, prior and current marriages, false statements to government officials, and abandonment of legal residency.
- Successfully moved the First District Court of Appeal to affirm the lower court’s decision granting summary judgment in favor of client Roger Royse and Royse Law Firm, P.C. in the matter of Schwab v. Royse, et al. After the plaintiff and appellant, Charles R. Schwab, filed suit in San Francisco Superior Court alleging legal malpractice and breach of fiduciary duty in the handling of business matters, despite the lack of a written agreement creating an attorney-client relationship between Royse or Royse Law Firm and Schwab, in his individual capacity. Successfully moved for summary judgment in the trial court on statute of limitations grounds, the trial court finding that Schwab failed to bring his claim within the one year statute of limitations under either analysis of suffering alleged “actual injury” or termination of the representation regarding the specific subject matter.
- Bar Association of San Francisco (BASF)
- Asian American Bar Association (AABA)
- AABA Asian Pacific Islander Legal Outreach (APILO)
- Volunteer since 2013
- “Using ESI-specified discovery in a post-COVID-19 data-driven world,” The Daily Journal, June 10, 2020
- “The essential timing of ethical screens to prevent firm disqualification,” The Daily Journal, Oct. 4, 2019
- “Data Privacy: The Current Legal Landscape,” co-author, troutman.com
- Asian American Bar Association Community Services Committee “Volunteer of the Year Award,” 2016 and 2019
J.D., University of San Francisco School of Law
B.A., University of California, Santa Cruz