Suzie, a director practicing out of Murphy Pearson’s San Francisco office, has extensive experience representing lawyers, accountants, corporate directors and officers, healthcare facilities, and physicians in professional liability defense. Passionate about solving problems for her clients, Suzie is honest, transparent, and thorough in her work, ensuring that her clients fully understand the proceedings and what is at stake in the dispute. She evaluates her cases with an eye toward foreseeable strengths and challenges in the dispute and reasonable solutions that will facilitate an efficient and cost-effective result.
Healthcare Professional Liability
For corporations and professionals who have been sued for physical, emotional, and financial elder abuse, Suzie’s prior experience in the health care industry offers her greater insights into the dynamics of the client-provider dynamic.
Suzie represents homeowners’ associations and stock cooperatives in complex matters involving the management of common interest developments.
Privacy and Cyber Security
A Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US) with the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), Suzie’s training includes issues related to U.S. privacy laws regarding the collection and use of personal data, government and court access to private-sector information, workplace privacy, and state privacy laws.
While an undergraduate, Suzie participated in an intensive language and culture education abroad program in Siena, Italy. An avid music lover, she also is classically trained in piano.
- Obtained defense verdict for law firm client in a seven-week jury trial for fraud and unfair business practices.
- Prepared over twenty successful motions for summary judgment on behalf of her clients in professional liability litigation.
Unpublished Appellate Decisions
- Kuczkowski v. Kaiser Foundation Hospitals, 2016 WL 5335503, California Court of Appeal, First District, September 23, 2016 – medical negligence action.
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Bar Association of San Francisco (BASF)
- Association of Defense Counsel of Northern California and Nevada
- California Society for Healthcare Attorneys
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- “Identifying and Effectively Resolving Conflicts of Interest,” co-presenter, December 9, 2020
J.D., University of San Francisco School of Law
B.S., University of California, Los Angeles