Tyra, who is a litigation associate in the San Francisco office of Murphy Pearson, counsels clients in a variety of matters related to business law, professional liability, and all forms of civil litigation.
Prior to joining the firm, Tyra worked for the San Francisco Public Defender’s Office, where she researched complex legal issues and prepared various investigative reports, memoranda and motions. Previously, she worked as a communications associate for the Impact Fund, which provides strategic leadership and support for litigation to achieve economic and social justice in areas including civil rights, environmental justice, and poverty law. She has also served as a site coordinator for Volunteers in Tax Assistance, providing free tax preparation services to members of the Tenderloin, San Francisco community.
When not practicing law, Tyra enjoys DIY projects and is a craft enthusiast. She is always open to discovering unique eateries and parks throughout the San Francisco Bay Area with her husband and dog.
- American Bar Association
- Charles Houston Bar Association
- National Bar Association
- Black Law Student Association, former member
- Hastings to Haiti Partnership, former member
- Hastings Women’s Law Journal, former member
- Legal Education Opportunity Program, former Teacher’s Aid
- Legal Writing and Research, former Teacher’s Aid
- National Lawyers Guild, former member
- UC Hastings Admissions Committee, former member
J.D., University of California, Hastings College of Law
B.A., San Francisco State University, Sociology & Africana Studies, magna cum laude